We believe in the cooperation of all beings on our planet. We all help each other, we save them and they save us. We rescue all types of animals from homelessness, abuse and death. Our goal is to provide love, healthcare and a permanent home, through adoption as well as sanctuary.
SERIOUS ADOPTION INQUIRIES ONLY!
If you have submitted an application, it is now on file and you are welcome to apply for incoming dogs without filling out any additional application, simply send us an email with "APPLICATION ON FILE" in the subject line, along with the name of the dog you are interested in.
Reviewing ALL the applications and responding takes time!
We are volunteer run and have LIMITED RESOURCES.
If a dog is listed - IT IS AVAILABLE!
Unless the dog's notes EXPLICITLY STATE: "NOT GOOD WITH DOGS/CATS/KIDS" - the dog is GOOD!
Many dogs ARE trained/housetrained/good on leash but you should be prepared to train your new pet as changes in the environment may cause them to forget what they know!
All dogs come with initial vaccines, YOU MUST SCHEDULE A VET WELL VISIT IMMEDIATELY after adoption to complete deworming, flea treatment, any additional vaccines.
We try to get all of our dogs sterilized prior to adoption but due to COVID scheduling limitations, many are not yet sterilized.
IF YOU SEND US A CONFIRMATION OF A BOOKED STERILIZATION APPOINTMENT - YOUR APPLICATION MOVES TO THE TOP OF THE WAITLIST!
1) Fill out APPLICATION at abcrescue.org/adopt
2) You will receive a link to schedule a MEET & GREET APPOINTMENT.
3) Please schedule your MEET & GREET APPOINTMENT on a day when you are prepared to TAKE YOUR NEW DOG HOME to avoid additional appointments - please bring your other dogs to ensure good fit & all decision-making family members
4) If you meet your perfect pet, we will email an ADOPTION CONTRACT and payment request on the spot (forms of payment accepted are Venmo, Zelle, Cash or Check) - ADOPTION FEE is dependent on the dog ($400 dogs, $600 puppies) Our adoption fees are based on a self sufficiency model which allows us to continue rescuing animals even in times of economic difficulties. Because we travel nationally and internationally in order to save animals from the most urgent situations, the costs of transport and housing must be accounted for and reflected in our adoption fees. Additionally, higher fees for high-demand animals such as puppies and kittens allow us to continue saving and providing sanctuary for those that require more financial support, such as medical care, special considerations and extensive care.
5) Adoption LEGALLY REQUIRES you to STERILIZE YOUR NEW PET ASAP after adoption - email the STERILIZATION CERTIFICATE to email@example.com to receive your $75 sterilization deposit refund - please use SUBJECT: STERILIZATION CERT "Last name"
How You Can Help
Let one of our rescues adopt you! Share all the love and feel the joy of saving a life!
Open up your home to temporarily care for rescues while they wait for their forever homes. All expenses are taken care of, simply provide space and love!
We need your help to save more animals! Any little bit helps alleviate the suffering in this world.
What Adopters Say
"Thank you for helping me find my best friend!"
"Every animal deserves a chance and ABC provides this chance to so many, thank you for the work you do!"
"What a great environment to rehabilitate special needs animals"